We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information, when and why we collect it from you, how we use it, and how we keep it safe.
This policy also sets out your right to request that we delete, correct, transfer or give you access to any of your personal information that we may hold.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone, in person, or when you sign up to receive emails from us.
There are a number of ways we may collect information from you such as:
- When you use our website www.lamaisoncouture.com
- When you contact us by email or by phone.
- When you fill in any forms on our site.
- When you sign up to receive our newsletters or updates.
- When you subscribe to our service, or request further services from us.
- When you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- Details of your visits to our site using cookies, to help us remember you, improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service. (please read our IP address and Cookies policy for more detail).
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you that allows us to provide the services you have requested from us such as purchasing items from us, or to keep you informed of news and updates from La Maison Couture and our brands.
Your personal Information may include:
- Your name
- Your shipping address and billing address
- Your contact phone number
- Your email address
- Your payment details
- Your purchase information
- Your IP Address and information provided from Cookies
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In order for us to collect information from you and use it, we need to have a lawful basis for doing so in order to comply with applicable data protection law and new GDPR regulations.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To Process payments: When you place an order online with us we need to obtain certain information from you in order to process your payment and deliver your goods to you. We do not store any payment card details once the order has been processed. We share your information with credit card companies and other payment providers. We may also share your details with our delivery partners and third party suppliers of the goods you are purchasing. This is necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from the contract between you and us when you place your order.
- Where we have your consent: To provide you with information, news and updates on our products or services or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted by us by opting in to receive our newsletters.
- Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale, of a product or service, we will ask you if you would like to opt – in to receive updates and marketing communications from us. You do not have to tick this box in order to place an order with us and if you do tick this box, you may change your mind and ‘unsubscribe’ at any time.
- You may unsubscribe from marketing communications and our newsletters at any time by clicking the link provided at the bottom of every email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also contact us at any time if you wish to change, amend or delete any of the personal information we may hold about you.
- Where we have a Legitimate reason for doing so:
- To send you an email if you have abandoned your basket to see if we can be of any further assistance or if you are experiencing any problem placing your order
- To respond to a customer service enquiry raised online, by email or by phone regarding any of the products or services that we offer.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by La Maison Couture and when you report a problem with our site.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
- To analyse and track usage statistics on our site in order to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our site and services and continually improve our services. We do this using Google Analytics
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To detect and reduce fraud and credit risk
HOW CAN YOU UNSUBSCRIBE FROM OUR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
- You may unsubscribe from marketing communications and our newsletters at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided at the bottom of every email or by emailing us at email@example.com
HOW YOU CAN DELETE, AMEND OR CHANGE INFORMATION WE MAY HOLD
- You may contact us at any time if you wish to change, amend or delete any of the personal information we may hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE KEEP YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- We will use strict procedures and have implemented security features on our site to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- All of our data processors and service providers who have access to your personal information, for the purposes of processing your information on our behalf, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use third party platforms to help us fulfil our obligations and deliver the products and services you have requested from us
- We may share your personal information with third party service providers including: credit card suppliers, payment providers, email marketing, online advertising, and analytics providers, and providers of delivery, web development and IT services. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
- If La Maison Couture LLP should be sold or acquired by a third party, personal information held about its customers may need to be disclosed or transferred to the prospective buyer.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
You have the following rights regarding the personal information that we may hold about you.
Right of access
You have the right to ask us if we are processing personal information about you and to ask for details of the information that we hold. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a fee.
The right to correct information
You have the right to ask us to correct any personal information that we hold about you if you believe it to be incorrect or incomplete.
The right to delete information
You have the right to ask us to delete or remove any of the personal information that we hold in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that information of you object to us processing it.
The right to data portability
From 25thMay 2018 when new GDPR regulations are in place, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided with us and reuse it elsewhere or ask us to transfer to a third party at your request.
The right to object
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information, which we will do, except in certain circumstances, where we have legitimate reasons to process your information, in which case we will need to demonstrate legal grounds not to do so.
The right not to be subject to automated decision making including profiling.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or significantly effects you, unless such profiling is necessary for us to carry out any obligations arising from a contract between you and us.
The right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal information at any time.
You may exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Please do check back frequently to see if we have made any important updates or changes to our Privacy & Cookies Policy